Rhythms Podcast with Rich Dicas
"Worship is the strategy by which we interrupt our preoccupation with ourselves and attend to the presence of God."
"Worship does not satisfy our hunger for God; it whets our appetite."
“Theology is for doxology and devotion— that is, the praise of God and the practice of godliness.”
Wherever God is worshiped in spirit and in truth, His kingdom is established, His freedom reigns, and the works of the devil are destroyed. Pure praise has always been a weapon of mass destruction to the kingdom of darkness.
But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. God is Spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
16 Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. 17 And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
2 While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” 3 Then after fasting and praying they laid their hands on them and sent them off.
You might want to ask each other some of the following questions:
- Where have you seen God at work in your life in the past week/month?
- How did you experience God’s presence through your rhythms?
- How have you been shaped by the rhythms?
- What differences did the rhythms make to those around you?
- What is the Spirit stirring and wanting to grow in you in this season?
- What unhealthy rhythms or habits have you adopted and what practices will help you refocus on Jesus?
- What is one thing you like about Worship and why?
- What has been an obstacle to getting Worshiping God with your life?
- What is one thing you learned about Worship this week? After listening to the rhythm podcast what was new to you or what changed your view?
- How do you think this practice of worship will help you follow Jesus?
- What is a small way this week you can incorporate this rhythm in your life?
- What way can the group help you practice this rhythm?
Rhythms Book List