“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.” Ephesians 6:18
God does nothing except in response to believing prayer.
“To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.”
"If we truly love people, we will desire for them far more than it is within our power to give them, and this will lead us to prayer: Intercession is a way of loving others."
“When the church becomes so hungry for more of God’s power and presence that we finally turn to him in persevering prayer, seeking his face day and night, we can be sure that the Lord will not be slow to act. In our time, the church of Jesus is certainly arising, seeking God with renewed desire, rediscovering it’s primary purpose as a house of prayer for all nations.”
You might want to ask each other some of the following questions:
- Where have you seen God at work in your life in the past week/month?
- How did you experience God’s presence through your rhythms?
- How have you been shaped by the rhythms?
- What differences did the rhythms make to those around you?
- What is the Spirit stirring and wanting to grow in you in this season?
- What unhealthy rhythms or habits have you adopted and what practices will help you refocus on Jesus?
- What is one thing you like about the Rhythm of intercession and why?
- What has been an obstacle to intercession?
- What people do you think of interceding for when you do?
- How can intercession make us into a loving family?
- What is one thing you learned about intercession this week? After listening to the rhythm podcast, what was new to you or what changed your view?
- How do you think practicing intercession will help you follow Jesus?
- What is a small way this week you can incorporate this rhythm in your life?
- Is there anyone you need to intercede (go inbetween for) ?
- What way can the group help you practice this rhythm?